||Faculty Economic and Management Sciences
UFS Business School
Programme Coordinator (post level 11/10)
Job ID: 2028
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handle student enquiries (walk-in, phone, email).
- Receive and acknowledge receipt of student admissions, assessments and assignments.
- Manage accurate student information on relevant systems.
- Confirm lecturers, classes, assignments, examinations and supplementary examinations.
- Administer the time table per programme.
- Administer study material, attendance- and assignment registers per programme.
- Communicate in a professional manner and timeously to students per programme.
- Arrange study material per programme (manuals, handouts, slides, assignments and executive bag).
- Arrange programme logistics per programme (venue, catering, lecturers, travel and accommodation).
- Arrange student welcoming and orientation per programme.
- Provide professional student support.
- Handle general office-related purchasing from provisioning department.
- Responsible for proactive management of due dates.
- Distribute assignments to lecturers for grading, process results accurately and communicate back to the students.
- Administer re-submissions and process re-submission results accurately.
- Administer all examinations in line with policy, with regards to assessment and moderation.
- Distribute examination papers to lecturers for grading, process results accurately and communicate back to the students.
- Administer supplementary examinations and process results accurately.
- Process certificates and study records for Management Development Programme (MDP) and ….. in full (SLP) timeously and accurately.
- Open files for new clients.
- Request Finance Department to create a new entity per programme.
- Obtain the approved budget from the sales per programme.
- Request overdraft facilities for new programmes.
- Process requisitions and adhoc claims on People Soft according to policy and budget per programme.
- Process purchase orders and invoices.
- Keep financial records per programme.
- Relevant degree/diploma.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ relevant experience.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of the University Policies, Procedures, Rules, Regulations and Protocol.
- Experience with general academic administration and logistics.
- System knowledge:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- People Soft (Academic & Financial Administration).
- Online Learner Management Systems.
Assumption of duties:
01 January 2018.
08 September 2017.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 2808/2804/9329.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a copy of your identity document (ID).
Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click Self-Service, Recruiting and Careers to apply online.