|Faculty Economic and Management Sciences
Office of the Dean
Officer: Teaching and Learning (post level 11/10)
Job ID: 2029
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the teaching and learning manager in executing teaching and learning administrative duties.
- Provide ongoing developmental support and improvement of teaching and learning interventions.
- Contribute to research output in teaching and learning within the faculty.
- Provide data driven and timeous feedback on trends, impact and quality of teaching and learning initiatives.
- Lead customisation and the development of teaching and learning in the faculty using a range of data sources.
- Plan, design, implement and evaluate teaching and learning development initiatives for the faculty.
- Provide ongoing support and lead improvement of faculty timetables.
- Plan and assist with module evaluations in the faculty.
- Lead evidence-based teaching and learning development in the faculty through the use of data analytics.
- Relevant degree/diploma.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ relevant experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent liaison skills regarding teaching and learning with students and staff.
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent knowledge on data analytics in higher education.
- Good knowledge in academic staff development.
- An honours degree with statistics, mathematics or econometrics.
- Experience in student and staff development.
- Experience in higher education.
Assumption of duties:
01 October 2017.
08 September 2017.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 2808/2804/9329.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a copy of your identity document (ID).
Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click Self-Service, Recruiting and Careers to apply online.