||Director: Green Economy Programmes 2 year contract (Ref No. DEDAT 2018-05)
||Department of Economic Development and Tourism
||Helen Davies (Helen.Davies@westerncape.gov.za) or Lourencio Pick (Lourencio.Pick2@westerncape.gov.za)
|Location – Country
|Location – Province
|Location – Town / City
||The Western Cape Government is looking to employ an energetic, self motivated individual to develop, establish and monitor programmes and projects which will facilitate economic growth within the Green Economy. The initial focus will be on building water resilience in the business sector in the short, medium and long term.
||* Undergraduate qualification (NQF 7 as recognised by SAQA) in Economics, Economic development, Sustainability, Climate Change, Town Planning, Engineering; and
* 5 years’ acquired knowledge and/ or experience of the water sector, or green technologies, with a minimum of 3 years at a management level.
||* Masters qualification or equivalent in the fields as mentioned in the minimum requirements;
* Experience with financing mechanisms, incentives and models and accessing funding;
* An existing network of key stakeholders in the water sector (such as technology providers, consultants, government, catchment management agencies, NGO’s and academia;
* A good understanding of water management, water systems and water related technologies;
* Experience with co-ordinating and running communication and engagement campaigns;
* Experience with public sector processes and procedures;
* Experience with commercialisation of technology and services; and
* Problem solving skills.
|Key Performance Areas
||* Manage Green Economy projects;
* Facilitate and manage the alignment between all relevant stakeholder interests within the Green Economy ;
* Monitor and oversee the performance of implementing agents contracted by WCG to deliver on the Green Economy strategy e.g. Green Cape;
* Source and communicate intelligence regarding the Green Economy;
* Human Resource Management; and
* Financial Management.
||* Strategic capability and leadership;
* People Management and Emplowerment;
* Programme and Project Management;
* Financial Management;
* Change Management;
* Knowledge Management;
* Service delivery Management;
* Problem Solving and Analysis;
* Client Orientation and Customer Focus; and
||All –inclusive salary package of R 1 005 063.00 per annum (Salary level 13). Note: the remuneration package consists of a basic salary (70%) and the employer’s contribution to the Pension Fund. The remainder of the package may be structured according to your personal needs.
||Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted and candidates that applied previously, need not apply again.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS Competency Assessment tools.
Furthermore, thanks to the huge public interest we receive many applications for our positions, and as such will not be able to respond personally to all applications. Therefore, should you not hear from us within 10 weeks from close of advert please consider your application unsuccessful.
|Attachments (if applicable)