graduate I.T/Telecoms job-DBA II
- Location: Johannesburg, ZA
- Nedbank Recruiting
- Date Published: 22 August 2017
- Closing date: 31 August 2017
Nedbank Group Technology
Nedbank’s centralised technology unit is responsible for all the components of the Group’s Technology processing, development and system support.
- Provide DB2 mainframe database support.
- To ensure the installation; design; configuration; upgrade; administration; monitoring and maintenance of databases and associated software products in support of operational systems and the development environment.
- To ensure the integrity; reliability; efficiency and security of enterprises data.
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships.
- Ensure client needs are understood and met.
- Build client relationships by providing first line support, standby and acting within mandate.
- Ensure stakeholders are informed of database changes/enhancements through participation in progress reports.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and values, leading by example.
- Identify opportunities to improve or enhance processes, adding value to Nedbank.
- Ensure that all financial recoveries are captured in the correct and appropriate financial systems within specified timelines.
- Ensure improved database performance.
- Ensure that version control procedures are observed, apply fixes and maintain supplier and user documentation in conjunction with specialist.
- Monitor database activity and ensure efficient access to data.
- Resolve work obstacles by providing input in a variety of database integration issues.
- Participate in optimisation of database performance and resource usage.
- Ensure smooth workflow.
- Participate in disaster recovery by planning, testing and ensuring recovery plans are updated.
- Document and implement database related scripts and queries.
- Participate in setting standards for database administration.
- Comply with policies, standards and procedures.
- Participate in root cause analyses on incidents/problems experienced.
- Identify database problems through online monitoring and preventative maintenance.
- Contribute to the achievement of team goals.
- Ensure knowledge management, continuity and team success through constructive participation in a diverse team and by sharing knowledge with team.
- Prepare for the next level job by actively participate in job shadowing.
- Broaden knowledge by attending conferences, forums relevant to remaining current in field.
- Participate in skills development of junior DBA’s by providing technical mentoring to peers.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Database Foundational Certification on domain technologies with DB related knowledge
- DB2 Administration v 10/ DB2 Administration v 11
Minimum Experience Level
4- 6 years exposure to IT environment with 4 years DBA
- Applied Learning
- Contributing to Team Success
- Initiating Action
- Work Standards
- Managing Work (includes Time Management)
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Customer Focus
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566
- Test Analyst
- Mobile Android Developers
- iOS Mobile Developers
- Mobile App Developers
- Junior I.T Support Specialist
- Systems Engineer II
- Oracle PL/SQL Developers